Disaster and Development eBook PDF Free Download
An Occupational Perspective
Edited by Nancy Rushford and Kerry Thomas
Publisher: Elsevier eBook Format: PDF Size: 7 MB
This Disaster and Development: An Occupational Perspective is edited by Nancy Rushford and Kerry Thomas. Disasters are confronting communities across the globe on a scale and intensity not previously witnessed.
Following devastating earthquakes in Japan, New Zealand, Haiti, China, Indonesia and Pakistan, hurricanes in the Philippines and USA, floods in Bangladesh, the Balkans and Canada, famine and droughts in Africa and Australia, and ferocious wildfires in Europe, USA and Australia, to epidemics, conflicts and terrorism unleashing indiscriminate suffering across all continents…
NO ONE IS IMMUNE… BUT SOME ARE MORE VULNERABLE THAN OTHERS.
Allied health workers, including occupational therapists, are seeking ways to engage in a meaningful way…as professionals…individuals…and global citizens.
This First Edition textbook of Disaster and Development is a ground breaking book that crosses cultures and contexts to provide a foundation for critical reflection on the role of occupation in disaster and development.
Drawing upon the experiences of survivors, and of practitioners, personnel from local and international organizations, researchers and academics, an occupational perspective is illuminated with implications for policy, practice and education.
WFOT – World Federation of Occupational Therapists “Timely, accessible, and reflecting the real life experiences of people who survive disaster and those that endeavour to help. At last, a unique resource that occupational therapists and others can count on in bringing about survivor-led recovery and resilience.”
Frank Kronenberg (co-editor, ‘Occupational Therapy without Borders’) “For students and practitioners this innovative book provides practical insights and guidance to assist individuals, families and communities affected by disaster and provides an important resource for this emerging area of practice.”
Case studies based on field experiences, include: responses to droughts, earthquakes, wildfires, and more:; survivor stories of trauma and healing; landmine action and advocacy (from local to global); accessibility and CBR in disaster recovery; empowerment approaches with vulnerable groups
Practical considerations in promoting policy, practice and education
This 1st Edition handbook of Disaster and Development covers current/emerging disaster risks and local-global reduction strategies, including climate change
Highlights processes, pitfalls and tips when entering the field
Global perspective with contributions from Australia, USA, Canada, Bangladesh, Argentina, UK, Hong Kong…
If the Download Link of this eBook / PDF is Broken, then Report us via below Form.
Please Remember FILEFACTORY allows Only ONE(1) Download per 3-Hours and FILECAD allows Only ONE(1) Download Per 1-Hour. Read More…
- If you are Not Familiar with Download Procedure, then refer our "How to Download" Page.
- Fill this Form only if you see Messages like "Invalid Download Link" or "The File has been Removed or Deleted by the User" on the Screen of File Hosting Service. Example: Click Here for Screenshot
- Please Don't Fill this Form "If the Server of File Hosting Service" is "Temporarily Busy / Down or not Responding". It's not our Issue, You have to wait or Bookmark the Page and Come Back again when their Server is Free so as to Download the File. Moreover File Hosting Services have their Own Restrictions for Downloading Files i.e., Hourly Limit. Read More at our "How to Download" Page.
- Try to "Reload" the Download Link Page 3 - 4 times with 5 Seconds gap in between the reloading. This will solve the issue in most cases.
- If the Issue is not related to Broken Link then don't fill this form but instead Write to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org and Explain everything in Detail.